CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Brody

Brody

Tuesday, March 18, 2008



Well, if you are wondering about the 2 above posted pictures, it sums up our weekend :) On Friday, I got one of my random pregnancy cravings and cooked some Velveeta Shells and Cheese and some sausage!!! Despite the description, is was quite delicious!!!! Joey thought this was a sight to see, hence the picture!! Hey... it is all the baby's doing!! The second picture is of Joey studying... Look closely and you may see Elder Toone or just a bug geek!! Either way... I guess he figured if he dressed the part, he would study better.  Sweet part Boo!! We spent Saturday night with some new friends we have met here, Natalie and Brian and Katie and Jeremy, at a local mexican restaurant called La Unica. It was great!!! We have been so good about not going out to eat lately, that La Unica is now on my list of top 10 favorite places to eat! Sunday was great... We went to church and then spent the next few hours with the Elders (and no Joey did not dress the part this time.) Did I mention that these were the Spanish speaking elders in our ward? Also, that my broken Spanish did not help me much except to find the bathroom??? Really though, it was such a cool experience.  We went to 3 discussions with them that night.  Joey's Spanish is great and it has been fun to see him in missionary mode.  We are having a great time out here and have met so many nice people.  I will leave you on a little funny note.  So Joey talks to our son...via my stomach.... about what all he will be when he comes out and  grows up.   One of his many talents will be that he will be a pro skateboarder like Ryan Sheckler... except when he was telling him, he said Ryan Seacrest instead of Sheckler.... Ooops!!  Same thing right??? Now when he talks to our son after he says I love you, I make him leave with Seacrest out!!!! Miss and love you all!!!

12 comments:

janaya said...

i am so buying your little boy a barbie. :)

Joey and Lauren Toone said...

Whoa whoa, don't bring your radical canadian ideas into this!! if you do that the poor kid will always wonder why uncle burton visits by himself!!

erin said...

hahaha, I loved your Seacrest story. That is sweet!! It sounds like you kids are having a lot of fun in your new place. Can I see pictures? Or is it simply seen only by visiting? Plllleeeeasseeee?

Good luck on your test Joe.

The JorgenBlog said...

So, is your house really pink?

- Ben A.

Unknown said...

n?No, it is not pink... I am sure that if we mixed the cream with the maroon shutters we may get a pink :)

Anti-Blob Blogger said...

I don't think the Seacrest thing was a mistake. I don't know any boy with as many clothes or hair products as Joe except maybe Ryan Seacrest. Mistake, unlikely. I have seen this up close and personal and I have three sisters to back me up on this.

Love,
Stor

Holly and Brad said...

Hi Lauren and Joey! I found you from Erin's blog and I hope you don't mind me dropping/creeping by. Congratulations on the little boy! They are so much fun...and hey, Seacrest's gig isn't that bad either if the skateboarding doesn't pan out ;) Well congratulations again and I look forward to reading more about your fun cravings. Isn't pregnancy grand? We are on #2 ourselves...what a dusey!

Mitchell Family said...

JOE TOONE!! I was blog jumping and guess who I just found! Can't believe it. Just wanted to say hi, (I hate when people find a blog of someone they know and don't at least say hi!) You and your wife are such a beautiful couple, how did you convince her to marry you? Just kidding, congrats on the baby boy...kids sure make life interesting!

Joey and Lauren Toone said...

It took a lot of convincing but she finally gave in!! For some reason I am not remembering anyone with the last name Mitchell?? Can I get a hint to who this is. . . . .

Mitchell Family said...

SORRY! I realized yesterday I didn't even tell you my name, you wouldn't remember mitchell...it's Randee (Holbrook).

Joey and Lauren Toone said...

Randee Holbrook the coolest girl in the whole 9th grade?? I spent more time at your house that year than I did my own. So good to hear from you. The last time I saw you was at your reception, that is so crazy. Let me know the addess to your blog. I would love to see your kids and find out how you are doing.

Mitchell Family said...

here is the link...i'll add you and your beautiful wife to my list of buddies so i can see what the spawn of joe toone looks like! hopefully your wifes genetics will take control! Just kidding.
http://jandrmitchellfamily.blogspot.com/