CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Brody

Brody

Sunday, September 14, 2008

7 Weeks







So I can't believe how fast time has gone by..... It is Brody's 7 week anniversary.... that is 49 days of life!  It has gone by way too fast.  I have decided that it is a love-hate time right           now.   I love how cuddly and small he is and hate that he is now moving from the "oh look how tiny"... to "wow... he is a big baby" stage. But, I LOVE the new stages... There is something new every day that has changed....He smiled 3 big smiles today....I have yet to get it on camera, but hopefully will soon.  Now, for those of you who have not met Brody (the majority of you reading this) let me tell you a little bit about him. :) He is an active little guy.  He kicks and moves his arms a lot.  I can lay him down in the pack and play vertical, but when I check on him a few minutes later, he is just shy of horizontal.   He likes to take walks, either in his stroller or in the Baby Bjorn.  He is a content baby.  He does not cry... except when he is hungry and gives a quick shout whenever he has a bad gas pain.  He is almost grown out of his newborn clothes and is into the 3 months size.  He can no longer wear the hat you see in one of the pictures. hah... his chinS are in full force.  He loves his Binkie.  He will sit for hours just chomping on it!!! He loves to be held and cuddled.  He is sleeping, burrito style... what I call it when they are wrapped all tight.... in his crib now.  He sleeps from about 9 pm until about 3 or so...sometimes waking up about midnight... and then from 3 to about 6:30-7ish.   Well I hope that gives you a little insight into who he is and how much he is growing.  
As far as other things go.... We are wonderful!! The summer is over and now we work normal hours.  It was a great first year!! We are excited for our trip to back to Utah the beginning of October.  We miss it there and are excited to get back and see everyone! I will leave you with some updated pictures of Brody. Enjoy!!!
 

14 comments:

ChelsieWatts said...

It's about time I see some new pictures. He has Joey's forehead!! Hahaha he's so cute. Now hurry and come out, I need a turn!

Ashley and Nate said...

Yay, I found your blog. What a good little mommy you are!! I am IMPRESSED Lauren. Brody is a great baby but it's still a WHOLE new adjustment and you are a natural! Joey and Brody are lucky guys to have you! I love how these pics really show how much he looks like Daddy - awww.

Reynolds Family said...

I love the hat. They do grow so fast the first year-take it all in. Sam also loved his binky. I cannot wait to hold him in October. I am so glad he is eating lots and sleeping more.

erin said...

oh...my...goodness!! he is such a babe!! I can't wait to meet him. Thank you so much for taking care of my hubby. see you soon!

Annie said...

Aww he is the sweetest! I can't believe he is already changed and grown so much! He is freaking adorable! He is a bit of a mini Joey isn't he? I hear ya on the love-hate stage. Hazel is almost 7 months! Makes me baby hungry... YIKES! Wish we lived close to do stroller walks together! Hazel and little Brod would be great friends! She is already spoken for by Madden but maybe they could fight for her??? Freakin love ya! More more more pictures!

Chelsee said...

Hey I just wanted to clear things up... I didn't mean to blow you guys off Wednesday night I just HAD to get OUT OF THERE! So sorry if I seemed like a snob. Love you kids. I will call you guys to make some dinner plans soon.

missy said...

Oh Lauren French Toone...the baby Brody is so Cute!! I wish you lived here and we had a play date with all the babies here!! You need to let me know when you guys are here in Utah! I already want another little baby!! They are so cute!!

Steve & Amy Shumway said...

hey! I'm so glad I found you on here, I cant believe youre a mom! You guys look so great, congrats on the little guy! Hes a cutie ;)

Steve & Amy Shumway said...

Things are really good for us! Steve is working in a pharmacy and is in school here at Texas State, and I'm working as a massage therapist at a wellness center. We moved out here in Feb. this year for a change, and to be closer to my family. Its been a great growing experience for us. What are you guys doing? Whats Joey doing for work? Youre at home with the kiddo? Let me know! :)

Shelli said...

Lauren! Ahh your baby is absolutely beautiful! I bet being a mother is the most amazing thing the in the world. I'm so happy for the both of you, well I guess the three of you now! Congratuations!

ps, sorry I'm such a stalker and found you! haha, hope you're doing well!! Talk to you soon pretty woman.

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg said...

Uh-Dorable.. tell Bro to be more discreet when he flirts with me, my hubs is starting to get jealous (wink wink)

Greg said...

oh and ps, since you added Brody to the fam and it's not just "Joey and Lauren Toone" anymore... you should totally rename your blog. I offer up TooneTown, that's what I'm gunna call it anyway
I kno rite, I have the bestest ideas EVER!!
I kno you totally want to pic my brain for ideas on your next big decision, but don't make a habbit out of it or I'll have to start charging.. for rills.

Annie said...

It is bad enough that you moved far away so that I can not see handsome Brody in person, but even worse to not post more pictures of him! Get on it!